The Quran and its teachings are an essential part of our lives. The same is true for our kids. It is our responsibility to introduce them to the Quran at a young age and simplify its concepts for them to understand and comprehend so that they grow up knowing Islamic teachings from the Holy Book of the Quran.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, the best way to teach Quran to kids is to enroll in Online Quran classes for kids, Islamic studies for kids online, and online Arabic classes for kids. There is nothing that can prevent you from making progress in Quran online reading and memorization without leaving your house and risking your and your kids’ lives if you simply follow the guidance of expert Quran teachers online.
لَّقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّـهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِّمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّـهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّـهَ كَثِيرًا ﴿٢١﴾
“There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.”
What Is The Ideal Age Of Quran Memorization?
The ideal age of Quran memorization is considered to be 6 years old. Sure, it’s not a definite number that you have to comply with, it depends on your kid’s perception and ability to commit to Quran Hifz (memorization).
Some kids start to learn Quran at the young age of 3, then read simple phrases and words at the age of 5, so it’ll be convenient for them to start memorizing short Surahs (chapters) of the Quran at the age of 6 or 7.
The reason behind the majority of kids memorizing the Quran at that age is because that is the age they start their education journey. Their brain functions start to allow them to keep more complex information and recall them when needed.
Don’t be taken aback by news stories of kids memorizing the Quran online at the age of three; these are extremely rare occurrences. Don’t rush your child into Hifz; instead, focus on how you can make the experience enjoyable for them so that they will enjoy reading and memorizing the Quran.
How Should A Beginner Memorize Quran?
Memorizing Quran online is a challenging task for many beginners. But Allah rewards anyone who memorizes Quran with great blessings.
Not only do you get a reward from Allah but also have high prestige in society. So it’s worth it after all!
Follow these detailed steps of how a beginner should start memorizing the Quran:
- Block out all distractions. Sit in a quiet place with no distractions at all to have a clear mind that helps you to memorize what you read.
- Select a Surah you like. This is a great way to encourage you to keep going. Picking a Surah you feel connected to is an excellent first step.
- Start repeating ayah by ayah. First, you read it carefully and understand its meaning then you repeat it until you catch all the words. You can memorize ayahs in a 20-minute session.
- Use audio aid for pronunciation. The Holy Quran can be memorized by repeatedly listening to it.
- Keeping audio material with the right pronunciation can help you memorize faster especially if you don’t speak Arabic as your mother tongue.
- To get a sense of the rhythm, listen carefully and then recite the entire passage aloud.
- Memorize ayah starting from a single word. Repeat a single ayah word for word at least 5 or 6 times while reading it on the page until you have it memorized.
- Revise daily. Don’t start memorizing another ayah until you revise the one you previously memorized.
- Test yourself. You need a test every once in a while to ensure that you memorized Surah right.
At What Age Do I Teach My Kid The Quran?
The earlier you teach your kid the Quran the better. You can start trying to teach them the Quran beginning at the age of three. learn Quran for kids is vastly different from memorizing it. It requires less effort where the kid is supposed to just understand and learn Quran ethics.
You can teach them, Online Quran classes for kids through “Quran stories for kids” and fun visual content. As they grow older, you can teach them the Arabic alphabet and how to read words, phrases, and the entire chapter after they have grasped the essence of it earlier.
Is It Possible To Memorize The Quran In One Year?
So, is it possible to memorize the Quran online in one year?
Yes, it is possible to memorize the Quran in one year if you dedicated 5-to-8 hours to memorize new parts and 2 hours for revision. This includes memorizing 15 pages per week and the weekend should be dedicated to the revision of Juz (part) you memorized.
You can memorize Quran by yourself but it is not recommended because you will need someone who can help you by listening and correcting your mistakes. memorizing the Quran is ideal if you want to make daily progress in the learn and memorize Quran without leaving your house.
Can you memorize Quran online?
Many of these are online Quran classes for kids to learn and memorize Quran without leaving the house.
Quran lessons online are a convenient option when you want to teach Quran to your kids online without risking leaving the house or committing to the tight schedule of offline courses which can be hard to keep up.
It probably takes you 3 or 4 years to memorize Quran online and sometimes more. The total duration depends on your fluency as a student to recite Quran before memorization, your age, and the method your teacher using.